NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
VIKING SPROWSTON Index
TILLS ROAD TAVERHAM HUNDRED FULL LICENCE CLOSED
TAVERHAM LICENCE REGISTER PS 9/8/1 to PS 9/8/3 (1872 - 1957)
Note entries for 1887 to 1903 are missing from register.
MORGANS New licence 1957
BULLARDS  
WATNEY MANN  
NORWICH BREWERY  
Freehouse? from 1999
Licensees :
JACK THOMAS HOWARD 13.06.1957
Mr. H. V. BLYTH 27.02.1958
-  
RICK CARTER 09.1979
-  
KEITH BECKHAM 1999


Letter dated May 3rd 1957 confirming
`practical' completion of the building works
and forthcoming licence application.


Built on a green field site 1956/7
First licensed 13.06.1957

The licences of the THREE TUNS at Snoring and that of the
JOLLY FARMERS , Baconsthorpe were surrendered 01.03.1956 in order to obtain this one.
 ( But that of the THREE TUNS is later transferred to the ODDFELLOWS, Swaffham )

In January 1960 the tenant, who had taken on the house in 1958, complained of the high rate assessment for the property. The figure had been accepted by the first tenant, but then trade was unknown. A further £5 had been added in September 1959 following addition of a Garage.
Sales for the year ending 30th September 1958 were :-
65 barrels of beer, 62 barrels of bottled beer and 35 spirits.
The sales in 1959 were ;-
86 barrels of beer, 84 bottled and 36 spirits.
The tenant was finding it difficult to attract local trade and the assessment of £255 was considered to be very high indeed and the matter was asked to be reconsidered.
Morgans Brewery proposed an assessment of £200 in a letter dated 16th February 1960.

Morgans sales in 1960 were :-
170 barrels of beer and
14 spirits.

Boarded up and closed for some 3 months in 1999
prior to reopening (as a freehouse ?).

Closed by March 2007 and converted into an Indian Restaurant