NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
MILL INN STOW BEDON Index
STATION ROAD WAYLAND HUNDRED FULL LICENCE CLOSED 09.02.1970
WAYLAND LICENCE REGISTER PS 15/3/1 ( 1937 - 1969 )
WATTON BREWERY  
WYMONDHAM BREWERY    Cann & Clarke to Morgans 11.05.1894
MORGANS to 1961
BULLARDS  
WATNEY MANN at time of closure
Licensees :
Not identified 1854 - 1865
THOMAS LITTLEPROUD
& corn factor
& merchant & coal & corn dealer 1881
1867 - 1881
Mrs JULIA ANNA GODDARD 1883 - 1896
HERBERT ALBERT LITTLEPROUD
Died 1950
by 1900
DONALD STANDLEY FENNELL 20.10.1950
DENNIS McCARTHY 13.05.1955
STANLEY CLAUDE KIDD 24.04.1959
JOHN EVAN GARRETT 21.04.1961
ROY WEBSTER SCHOFIELD 05.04.1963



For Sale by Auction Wednesday 7th August 1867.
A Beerhouse containing a Keeping-room, Parlour, Back Kitchen, Pantry, Cellar and five Bed-rooms; a walled in Garden, well planted with fruit trees and a well of good Water. Also an excellent Tower Windmill and five inclosures of Arable and Pasture Land of approximately Nine Acres.
In occupation of Thomas Littleproud under a lease to expire at Michaelmas 1868 at a rental of £46.

Given as the RAILWAY TAVERN 1871
( Railway reached Stow Bedon in January 1869 )

Renamed the WINDMILL 1937

6 day licence to 08.05.1958 when licence of the SAWYERS, Suton transferred to the premises.

Morgans sales for 1960 were :-
56 barrels of beer
7 spirits

No change recommended at the First Joint Committee Meeting of Bullards and Steward & Patteson 29.05.1962.
Sales reported as 104 barrels.

However.......
Steward & Patteson business report prepared for Watney Mann in June 1969 recommended immediate closure.
"Trade bad - Toilets terrible - Structure poor - Many clay lump walls"
Closure agreed by the Estates Committee.