NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
PLOUGH TERRINGTON St CLEMENT index
SOUTH CROFT FIELD
HAY GREEN
FREEBRIDGE MARSHLAND BEERHOUSE CLOSED 28.09.1964
FREEBRIDGE LICENCE REGISTER PS 6/4/1 (1936 - 1960)
ELIJAH EYRES to 1878
THOMAS SALT & Co of Burton on Trent
ELIJAH EYRES ( Morgans trading as Elijah Eyres ? )
MORGANS  
STEWARD & PATTESON  
Licensees :
-
-
JOHN STOCKDALE
location as High Green
* 1846
MARY A STOCKDALE ( 38 ) 1851
JOHN STOCKDALE
Hay Green
* 1856
JOHN TURRELL
Age 39 in 1861
1858 - 1868
JAMES FLOWERDAY
Hay Green
* 1869
WILLIAM FLOWERDAY
Hay Green
* 1872 - * 1877
JOHN VINE
Age 41 in 1881
1879 - 1888
JOHN WILSON
Hay Green
* 1890 -  *1892
WILLIAM SAYERS
Hay Green
* 1896 - * 1929
JAMES EDWARD GRIEF by 1933
ERNEST BENJAMIN NOBBS 17.10.1938
HARRY REGINALD HAND 01.01.1951


 
Note that there were two houses of this name in the parish.

Offered for sale by auction as a Copyhold Beerhouse 22.07.1878.
location given as at Hay Green on the High Road from Wisbech to Terrington.

The Norfolk Chronicle of 10.02.1906 reported that the licence was referred for a month due to the bad repair of the premises.

Morgans sales for 1960 were 46 barrels of beer.

Closure proposed at the First Joint Committee Meeting of Bullards and S&P 29.05.1962, subject to inspection by Mr. L. Canham.
Sales reported as 46 barrels.

33 barrels of beer sold in the final year of trading.

Licence not renewed at General Annual Licensing Meeting 1965