NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
WHITE HART THETFORD Index
WHITE HART STREET
St. MARY
THETFORD BOROUGH FULL LICENCE CLOSED 1912
GRIMSHOE LICENCE REGISTER PS 14/5/1 (1926 - 1954) & THETFORD LICENCE REGISTER PS 14/5/2 (1921 - 1965)
Edmund Clarke `Released ' by Edmund Clarke to Shelford Bidwell 13th November 1795
BIDWELL & Co by 1840
Licensees :
-  
WILLIAM BURTON 
(Previously at Three Cranes, Gt. Yarmouth)
to 1763
ALICE LANCASTER 1777
JOHN CHRISTOPHER 1779
EDMUND CLARKE 1791
-  
HENRY BROOKE
Died 21st April 1827 - age 55
10.1812 to 1827
GEORGE STEVENS 1830
STEPHEN COLE 1836 - 1839
-  
CHARLES BALAAM 1845 - 1846
JOHN YOUNG 1850
JEREMIAH FISH EDWARDS
& wheelwright
Age 29 in 1851
1851 - 1858
ROBERT DRAKE 1861 - 1865
CHARLES BARNARD 1868 - 1875
JOSIAH CAMPKIN 1879
HENRY CAMPKIN 1881 - 1912


Cock fighting was advertised here 4th July 1777. Alice Lancaster then in occupation.

A Main of Cocks held here during Race Day, and the day after, as advertised 26th June 1779. The event was between the Gentlemen of Suffolk and the Gentlemen of Norfolk with their humble servant, John Christopher providing a genteel Ordinary.

Available to let from Michaelmas 1804 (29th September)

Henry Brooke, Poulterer, informed his friends and the public, 21st October 1812, that he had taken the Inn and fitted it up with every convenience and laid in a choice stock of Wines and Spirits.

In 1830 the coach the MAGNET called daily at 7:00pm on route from Norwich to London.

Advertised To Let with Immediate Possession 18th February 1840
and again 23rd February 1843 and 22nd April 1843.

Valuation given 25.07.1889 as £640

~
Following the licensing meeting of February 1912 it was announced.......
` the Bench also had the pleasure to state that Messrs. Bidwell & Co. have voluntarily consented to have the White Hart closed, and this was referred to an adjourned meeting to be held on 7th March.'

Closure unopposed at Licensing Authority meeting of Friday 21st June 1912.

Licensee name confirmed as Harry Campkin and Registered Owner as Eustace E. Quilter when licence refusal by reason of closure by Compensation published 23rd August 1912.