NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
BLACK BULL INN UPWELL Index
TOWN STREET CLACKCLOSE HUNDRED FULL LICENCE CLOSED 1965
CLACKCLOSE LICENCE REGISTERS PS 7/4/1 to PS 7/4/3 (1917 - 1949)
-  
GEORGE WOOLL Owner 1831 / 7 : Living in Upwell, Isle Of Ely (not Upwell, Norfolk)
ELGOODS   
Licensees :
-  
JAMES HOOK 1772 - 1817
THOMAS CLARKE 1830 -1831
THOMAS BAKER
& blacksmith
by 27 April 1831 - 1836
JAMES MAY 1839
EDWARD BELLAMY 1845
HENRY BELLAMY 1846
JOHN OGDEN 1850
GEORGE SWANN 1854
JOHN GIDDENS 1858
JOHN BIRD 1864 - 1869
28.08.1865 - Fine 1s and 11s costs for allowing two cows to stray on the highway on 18th August.
WILLIAM FELSTEAD 1877 - * 1883
WILLIAM OVERLAND 1890 - 1900
RICHARD PRATT 1904 - 1909
WALTER STEVENSON 11.10.1909 to 1925
JOHN SIMON TURNER 20.07.1925
EVANGELINA TURNER
(Previously at the DUN COW)
07.01.1935
GEORGE FREDERICK AMPS 06.01.1936


c1914

According to a mortgage document dated 29th September 1760, the property described as a messuage apparently occupied by cooper Thomas Baker, son of the late Thomas Baker, carpenter.

In a mortgage document dated 6th July 1772, the property is described as the Bull, with three acres of hempland, barber's shop and stables, etc., in the occupation of James Hook, William Bailey and Thomas Baker.

In 1817, Thomas Baker is described as a farmer of Welney Isle of Ely and the Bull, barber's shop and blacksmith's opposite and 5 acres of hempland are in occupation of James Hook, John Clay, William Baley and Thomas Baker.

Location given as Plawfield 1837


Closed 1965