NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
JOLLY FARMERS UPWELL Index
SMALL LODE CLACKCLOSE HUNDRED BEERHOUSE CLOSED 31.12.1962
CLACKCLOSE LICENCE REGISTERS PS 7/4/1 to PS 7/4/3 (1917 - 1949)
Mrs BELLAMY of SOUTHERY
MORGANS from 1st February 1932
STEWARD & PATTESON 1961
Licensees :
-  
THOMAS SHEPHERD 1841
-  
Mrs JANE NAYLOR *1864 - *1869
JOHN WILSON 1871
WILLIAM WILSON *1872
WILLIAM TUCK *1875 - *1883
-  
ARTHUR CALVER by 1917
E E CALVER 01.04.1935
CHARLES KING 01.07.1935
CYRIL GUTTERIDGE to closure

 


Apparently known as the `RAGGED LOUSE' at some time in its history, a reference to the itinerant travellers who frequented the house.

Morgans sales 1960 were :-
26 barrels of beer.

Closure was proposed at First Joint Committee Meeting of Bullards and S&P 29th May 1962. Closure would be subject to inspection by Mr L Canham.