NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
ROSE & CROWN WALPOLE St. PETER Index
ROMAN BANK FREEBRIDGE MARSHLAND FULL LICENCE CLOSED 1946
FREEBRIDGE LICENCE REGISTER PS 6/4/1 (1936 - 1960)
ABRAHAM USILL of Wisbech - Owner 1835 & 1837
MILLS BREWERY of Wisbech  (1936)
HALL, CUTLACK & HARLOCK  
Licensees :
-  
JOSEPH HOWLING 1836
WILLIAM STREET 1845
JOHN LOWSON 1846
JOHN WARD
age 61
1851
ALFRED SEAMAN 1854 - 1856
JOHN BEDMORE
& wheelwright
age 36 in 1861
1858 - 1861
JOSEPH BUTTERY
& grocer
age 23 in 1871
1863 - 1871
ABNER STEPHENSON 1875 - 1877
Mrs LYDIA PARLETT 1879 - 1883
GEORGE FARRIN 1888
WILLIAM FERRING / FEARING
age 34 in 1891
1890 - 1892
JOHN BARKER 1896
WILLIAM BENJAMIN PRATT
age 44 in 1901
1900 - 1908
-
-
WILLIAM EDIS by 1936
ERNEST ARTHUR JUDD by time of closure
1946

 

As `In the Marsh' 1837
and at West Walton 1883.

Licence removed to the PRINCE OF WALES, Emneth, 04.03.1946.

 

The house stood empty for a number of years before being converted into a number of private dwellings.

Photographs of the original public house are sought by the owner of one of the properties in order that it can be sympathetically restored.