NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
WINGLAND INN WALPOLE St. PETER Index
WALPOLE ISLAND FREEBRIDGE MARSHLAND BEERHOUSE CLOSED 14.08.1967
FREEBRIDGE LICENCE REGISTER PS 6/4/1 (1936 - 1960)
WILLIAM HENRY OVERMAN   
MILLS BREWERY of Wisbech -- purchased for £525 at 1912 sale
HALL, CUTLACK & HARLOCK   
EAST ANGLIAN BREWERIES   
STEWARD & PATTESON   
Licensees :
-  
THOMAS CLARKE 1846
LEE CLARKE (44)
and / or
THOMAS CLARKE (45)
1851
THOMAS WEST
& farmer
& butcher 1858
* 1854 - 1864
JOHN WINKLEY 1868  -  1888
EVERETT WARD
& gardener
( Shopkeeper 1892)
1891
-  
EDWARD DAY 1912
-
ALMA KETTERINGHAM 1922 - 1925
HENRY BANE 1929 to 1959
EDITH ESTHER BANE 11.03.1959
WILLIAM HENRY PECK 21.10.1959


Offered for sale by auction Saturday 8th June 1912, being part of the estate of the late William Henry Overman.
`All that fully-licensed brick-built and slated House, with stable, chaff-house, coal-house and other buildings and 2a 2r 18p ( more or less ) Arable and Pasture Land being part Nos. 1031 and 1033 on Ordnance Map ( 1902 edition ). In the occupation of Mr. Edward Day.'
A extra £4 would be required for strawberry plants on the land.

Closure was subject to inspection by Mr. L Canham, as proposed at the First Joint Committee Meeting of Bullards and S&P 29.05.1962.
Sales given as 44 barrels.

45 7/8 barrels of beer sold in final year of trading.
Reason for closure given as -
`Surplus to trade requirements.'

Licence not renewed at the
Annual General Licensing Meeting 14th February 1968