NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
DUKES HEAD WELLS next the Sea index
STAITHE STREET
later - HIGH STREET
NORTH GREENHOE HUNDRED FULL LICENCE See BURTON STORES
NORTH GREENHOE LICENCE REGISTERS PS 27/8/1 to PS 27/8/2 (1903 - 1975)
-   
LEAMON's trustees by 1903
Licensees :
-
ISAAC SMITH by 04.06.1751
SARAH CURSON
widow
1754
-  
See GREEN DRAGON
ROBERT GREEN to 1870?
ABRAHAM BETTS
& agricultural labourer
1871 - 1886
Mrs MARY ANN BETTS
age 55 in 1891
( Died 1908 - age 74 )
1886 - 1896
William Oxley Glazebrook 1900 ?

The THREE SWANS as described 1667.

Named the DUKES HEAD from c1751

Address given as Staithe Street to 1754.

Appears not to have been licensed in 1789.

The GREEN DRAGON in High Street until 1870, renamed DUKES HEAD following rebuild.


A mortgage document dated 16th November 1887 names the house as `Formerly the Dukes Head, now the Green Dragon' and noted that Bullards & Sons have a ten year lease on the property from 6th April 1878. ( It should have read `Formerly the Green Dragon, now the Dukes Head' ).


The 1903 entry in the North Greenhoe Licensing Register states
``Now Burton Stores'' ( High Street )