NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
UNICORN WESTFIELD Index
THE STREET
WINBURGH ROAD
MITFORD HUNDRED BEERHOUSE CLOSED by Sept 1915
MITFORD & LAUNDITCH LICENCE REGISTERS PS 12/5/1 to 15/5/2 ( 1901 - 1975 )
WILLIAM TAYLOR Conveyed from William Taylor to Samuel Bidwell as title deeds dated 14th October 1826
BIDWELLS Dereham Brewery - Property included Gig House and 16 acres as document dated 1890
Licensees :
-  
-  
JOHN MANN 1836
WILLIAM BAKER
( farmer & beer retailer 1846 )
1845 - 1846
SAMUEL WOODHOUSE
age 36 in 1851 - farming 16 acres
1850 - * 1851
ROBERT AMES
as Robert Amos 1858 & 1869
as Robert Amis 1871
1854 - 1872
CHARLES CARY 1875 - ( 1877 )
AUGUSTINE BROWN 1875 - 1891
JOHN CHANNELL 1892
WILLIAM WYATT 1896 - 1900
ARTHUR EDWARD STEVENSON by 1901
CHARLES BAXTER 29.11.1912
CHARLES STEVENSON 17.10.1913


Augustine Brown ( Licensee at the Unicorn from at least 1875 - 1891 )  sold 1 acre of land or garden at Cemetery Road, East Dereham, to Charles Fenn, Innkeeper of the Fleece Hotel, for the sum of £125 as deed dated 11th October 1875.

Referred for Compensation 26.03.1915
Licence extinct 25.10.1915


Curiously Charles Carey is named at the house in 1875 & 1877,
but Augustine Brown is named here in the 1875 gazetteer
and onwards from 1879.... ( No mention in 1877 )