NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
EAGLE WESTON LONGVILLE index
CHURCH STREET EYNESFORD HUNDRED FULL LICENCE CLOSED 14.03.1964
Eynesford Licence Registers PS/3/4/1 - PS/3/4/6 ( c1880 - 1975 )
MORGANS Owned by Colonel H T Custance of Weston House to 1881, then Sir H T Custance.
Followed by Colonel F H Custance and then Colonel J H Custance.
BULLARDS
Licensees :
-
GEORGE HARDY
& bricklayer
1836
Mrs MARY HARDY
age 56 in 1851
1845 - 1869
GEORGE HARDY * 1871 - 1877
HENRY GRAY
& farmer 160 acres
by 1878
ROBERT BATES
( also as Bales of Bathes )
& estate carpenter
12.12.1887
Mrs ANNE BATES also as ANN
( Mrs MARY BATES 1912 & 1916 
MARY ANN BATES 1915 )
17.10.1910
GEORGE DOWSON 21.07.1941
ALFRED W G BOWHILL 25.02.1946
BASIL JAMES STANNARD 22.10.1956
to closure
c1900 ( R. Bates licensee)
c1900

A 16thC building.

Shown on Bryant's 1826 map.

Morgans sales for 1960 were :-
Barrels of beer - 34
Spirits - 3

Closure recommended at the First Joint Committee Meeting of Bullards and Steward & Patteson 29.05.1962.
Sales said to be 32 barrels of beer.
The tenant was then aged 35 years and
to have been at the house for 6 years.

The house had been called the HART in the 1700's
and customers in the 1960's still referred to the house by that name.

It seems that trade in the early 1900's was sufficient to earn the house the nicknames of the MONEY BOX and the WESTON BANK.

Licence not renewed 1965