NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
BLACK HORSE WIGGENHALL St GERMANS index
MILL ROAD
NEAR BRIDGE
FREEBRIDGE-MARSHLAND BEERHOUSE -
Full Licence from 1961
CLOSED 10.01.1966
FREEBRIDGE LICENCE REGISTER PS 6/4/1 (1936 to 1960)
MORGANS   
STEWARD & PATTESON 1961 to closure 1966
Licensees :
-
JUDITH MILLER (nee Buffham)
age 57 in 1871
1868 - 1872
SAMUEL MILLER & shoemaker 1875 - 1879
uninhabited 1881
WALTER FOX 1883 - 1888
GEORGE BALES
& butcher
age 25 in 1891
age 37 in 1901
1890 - 1912
FREDERICK JAMES BALES by 1916 - 1960+
-


The sign in 1905
(Note the sign of the Chequers in the background)

Address as 1 Bridge Row in 1929.

Morgans sales for 1960 were :-
31 barrels of beer.

Full licence granted 8th February 1961

Closure agreed at the First Joint Committee Meeting of Bullards and S&P 29.05.1962

Last day of trading was 09.01.1966
Closed as being uneconomic.
Licence surrendered.

Sales for final year of trading were 38 barrels