NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
BLUE BELL WIVETON Index
THE GREEN HOLT HUNDRED FULL LICENCE  
HOLT LICENCE REGISTERS 17th September 1789 & September 1794 and PS 28/6/1 to PS 28/12/1 (1878 - c1962 )
W. J. BOLDING Weybourne Brewery
STEWARD & PATTESON From 1898 - House purchased 03.08.1929, with 11 others for a total of £17,820
WATNEY MANN to closure ( after July, but before 29th October ) 1964
FREEHOUSE by 1976
Licensees :
-  
JOHN JORDAN here 06.1781 - 1794
-  
JOHN RANDALL
Died 14th July 1806
( Will dated 28th July 1906, had been dictated  Saturday 12th July 1806 )
to July 1806
-  
WILLIAM LEE 1836 - 1839
WILLIAM BILHAM 1845
RICHARD BILHAM
age 62 in 1851
& basket maker
1846 - 1858
EDWARD WEGG 1861 - 1864
WILLIAM WEGG 1865
THOMAS MEDLER 1868
JABEZ CRACK
( also as Jubey Crack )
Age 21 in 1871
1871 - 1875
JOHN COE by 1877
JOHN STEWARD 13.11.1880
SAMUEL FISKE 17.11.1883
GEORGIANNA FISKE
( Wife of Samuel. Daughter Audrey married Robert Whisker )
13.12.1915
ROBERT JAMES WISKER 30.09.1921
JAMES BISSETT WILL 14.10.1938
to 1964
-  
CHARLES CLARKE to 1998
DOROTHY & DENNIS CLARKE 1998 -
JOHN OLSEN 03.10.2000
-  

rb193.jpg (26699 bytes)
1987

A late 14thC building.

Generally known as the BELL

Lot No. III in sale of Estate of the late Henry Hagon, Wednesday 4th July 1781. Then in occupation of John Jordan at an annual rent of £6 10s.

Reopened as a freehouse and rated as `Deservedly popular' in a 1976 guide book.

A Jaguar car engine was installed in one of the fireplaces by licensee Charles Clarke. The engine was sometimes demonstrated to be in full working order.

Beers with Jaguar related names were brewed for the house by Scott's of Lowestoft. ( Brewery closed 1999 )

Charles Clarke was reported missing, presumed dead following a boating accident off Blakeney 12.05.1998.

BELL - Wiveton