NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
DOVE WORTWELL Index
- EARSHAM HUNDRED FULL LICENCE CLOSED 19.05.1965 ( as a Public House )
Restaurant by 1978
EARSHAM LICENCE REGISTERS PS 21/3/1 & PS 21/3/2 (1932 - 1967)
Note : February 1959 to Feb 1964 missing
GELDESTON BREWERY  ( Offered for sale 1858 )
STEWARD & PATTESON    
Licensees :
-  
SAMUEL CHURCH
& blacksmith
( Only mentioned as blacksmith in 1836 )
1839 - 1846
Miss MARIA CHURCH
age 49 in 1851
1850 - 1865
WILLIAM BUGGS
( also as Bugges )
1868 - 1877
SAMUEL VALIENT 1879 - 1896
HENRY LEWIN ROUSE 1900 - 1915
EDWARD WATSON 1916 - 1929
REGINALD CECIL FRANK CHOWN by 02.1932
FREDERICK CHARLES SMITH 30.06.1933
WILLIAM BOWERS WILKINSON 14.09.1934
MICHAEL CHARLES RIX
( Brewers representative )
01.07.1965

 

Shown on Faden's 1797 map & Bryants 1826.

Appears under Alburgh in 1915 Register of Electors.

 

On Friday 12th September 1873, landlord William Buggs was committed to trial for, on 9th August, moving a (railway) truck, containing three barrels of beer, along the track of the Waveney Valley Railway, in order to unload the cargo to his van. He had been assisted by his son and a carter named George Self. The truck had arrived on the 7th August and Buggs had on the 9th, forced it through points, causing damage. An oncoming train had to be warned of the potential danger.
<Outcome to be discovered>

Closed for trading 19.05.1965
24 barrels of beer sold in the final year of trading.

Reopened as a restaurant by 1978