NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
BAKERS ARMS NORWICH B index Bakers Arms index
Staff of Life index
31 & 33 OAK STREET St MARY AT COSLANY FULL LICENCE CLOSED by 1890
NORWICH LICENCE REGISTER PS 1/8/1 & 1/8/2 ( 1867 - 1925 )
STEWARD & Co   
GEORGE SAMUEL BETTS by 1873
STEWARD & Co by 1879 ( Leased ? )
Licensees :
JOHN SAMUEL BETTS
& baker
by 1850
JOHN MUSK 15.10.1869
Accused 25.06.1871 of being open out of hours.
( Address as St. Mary )
Convicted 19.04.1877 for allowing consumption out of hours.
Fine 5/- plus 18/6d costs or 7 days detention.

Stood on the West side of Oak Street between Reeves Yard and Buck Yard.

Location given as `Opposite the Greenland Fishery' when new ( full ) licence issued 31st August 1852.

Listed 1875 to 1888 as the STAFF OF LIFE

A letter from John Betts, addressed from 12 Connaught Road and dated 01.08.1890, states that as owner of the property he did not intend to continue the house at 31 and 33 Oak street as a Public House.
Licence not taken up 1890.