NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
BEAUFORT HOTEL NORWICH B index
Bank index
1 PRINCE OF WALES ROAD St GEORGE TOMBLAND FULL LICENCE CLOSED 24.02.1969
NORWICH LICENCE REGISTER PS 1/8/1 & PS 1/8/2 (21 August 1894 to 1925)
W LIVOCK 18.03.1873 ( House opened as BANK STORES )
MORGANS c1895          ( Beaufort Hotel by 1898 )
STEWARD & PATTESON 1961
WATNEY MANN Closed by Watney Mann (East Anglia) Ltd 1969
Licensees :
WILLIAM LIVOCK
( Bank Stores )
18.03.1873
WILLIAM GODSALL
( Bank Stores )
05.10.1874
ROBERT FULCHER 08.10.1907
FRANK BRIGDEN 08.10.1912
LOUISA BRIGDEN 27.07.1920
FRANK CANNELL 22.07.1924
ROSE ELLEN CANNELL 07.02.1933
FRED ERNEST MONK 14.11.1939
JOSEPH RICHMOND 20.08.1946
PHYLLIS RICHMOND 07.04.1953
CHARLES GUEST BULGER 06.04.1954
ERIC BERT METCALF 20.06.1961


The licence of the OLD LOBSTER, St John Maddermarket, was transferred to this site 1873. (The BANK STORES)


The BANK STORES was renamed THE BEAUFORT
  by 1898, perhaps at the time of Morgans taking on the house c1895.

Morgans sales 1960, barrels of beer 141, spirits 50 ( Gallons )