NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
BELLE VUE NORWICH Index
46 St. PHILLIPS ROAD NORTH HEIGHAM FULL LICENCE  
NORWICH LICENCE REGISTERS PS 1/8/1 to PS 1/8/4 ( 1867 to 1965 )
STEWARD & PATTESON First licensed 1878
BULLARDS  
WATNEY MANN  
NORWICH BREWERY  
COURAGE  
INNTREPRENEUR  
ENTERPRISE INNS Trading as Ei Publican Partnerships by 2017
Licensees :
WILLIAM HENRY SMITH 10.10.1878
MARY ANN SMITH 13.08.1889
GEORGE ANDREWS 10.10.1891
JAMES FLANAGAN 20.11.1894
SAMUEL STEPHEN MARSHAM 07.05.1907
ANNIE PRISCILLA MARSHAM 07.04.1917
SAMUEL STEPHEN MARSHAM 13.05.1919
ALBERT EDWARD DIXON 26.08.1924
FREDERICK CHAPLIN 22.08.1944
GEORGE EDWARD WATERSON 01.10.1957
BERNARD W R  BOWLES 14.03.1967
LESLIE & MAVIS EDWARDS 24.07.1975
MAVIS EDWARDS 22.03.1977
RONALD GEORGE HOWARD 12.06.1979
MICHAEL DAVID RUST 15.06.1982
DONALD CHARLES WILLIAM McLEAN 12.07.1985
JOHN WILLIAM MIDDLEMISS 27.07.1986
STEPHEN MARLOW 08.08.1989
PETER & TIFFANY EDWARDS by 2010
RUSSELL EVANS &
JOHN LINFORD
Feb 2015



1988 - The BELLE VUE - Image provided by Barry Wilkinson.
1988 - Image by Barry Wilkinson


First licensed October 1878 upon removal of licence from the
COCK & PYE.

Damaged by enemy action 27/29.04.1942.

Said to be the regular lunchtime venue of William Wicks.

  The Norwich Pub Survey of 1986, compiled by the Norwich Society, in association with Norwich City Council, assessed the house:-  
 
Approx date of building Listed Quality Pre-war fittings surviving
External Internal
c1888 No 6 3 No
Original corner entrance door removed in 1978.
Flat roofed single storey extension to rear of living quarters.
Cornice under guttering, quoins and three semi-circular headed windows either side of old corner entrance.
Three rooms - Bar, lounge and poolroom.
Modern fittings throughout.
Outside, original wrought iron gate and fence remain on one side.