NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
BOUNDARY INN NORWICH B index
Hellesdon index
AYLSHAM ROAD HELLESDON FULL LICENCE  
NORWICH LICENCE REGISTERS PS 1/8/3 to PS 1/8/4 ( 1925 to 1967 )
YOUNGS, CRAWSHAY & YOUNGS From 1928
BULLARDS 1958
WATNEY MANN  
NORWICH BREWERY  
SCOTTISH & NEWCASTLE  
ENTERPRISE INNS  
Licensees :
WILLIAM GEORGE TYRRELL 07.02.1928
ARTHUR ARMES 06.03.1928
WILLIAM JOHN COATES 04.10.1949
JOHN TURNER 20.11.1956
PERCY EDGAR RUSH by 1974
( TERRY RICHARDSON manager ) ( 1975 )
MICHAEL JOHN FOX 13.06.1978
PETER ALEXANDER WILLIAMS 30.11.1982
ROGER DAVIES & JOHN LEMMON 08.09.1988
RICHARD WALL & JOHN LEMMON 26.06.1990
STEPHEN GEORGE SMITH 11.12.1990
DAVID CHRISTOPHER HANWELL 27.06.1995
LISA HANWELL & NEIL BARTHOLOMY 14.10.1997
ANDREW JOHN CHUBB 
& DAVID RONALD PHILIPS
14.12.1999
ANDREW JOHN CHUBB 10.10.2000
GORDON THWAITS by 2004
( Sandra Feavyer - manager ) from 07.2005
DAWN BAILLIE by 2010
-  

Image thanks to the INN SIGN SOCIETY
The sign 1997 - thanks to the Inn Sign Society

Licences from the CROWN, Colegate and the JOLLY HATTERS, Cowgate, transferred 1928 to this new house.

Ancient Mile Cross boundary marker once stood in front of building,
from which the nearby MILE CROSS INN took its name.


  The Norwich Pub Survey of 1986, compiled by the Norwich Society, in association with Norwich City Council, assessed the house:-  
 
Approx date of building Listed Quality Pre-war fittings surviving
External Internal
1930 Mock Tudor No 7 No
Flat roofed extension in red brick of unknown date.
Mock Tudor frontage with two dormer windows and leaded casements.
Two rooms, lounge and bar, modern fittings throughout.