NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
BRIDGE HOUSE NORWICH B index
Thorpe Hamlet
1 ROSARY ROAD
NR1 1SZ
BISHOPS BRIDGE
THORPE HAMLET FULL LICENCE tel : 01603 625701
WATNEY MANN  
NORWICH BREWERY  
BRENT WALKER  
PUBMASTER  
TAGER INNS LTD by 2003 : Reg office : 443 Ashley Road, Parkstone, Poole, BH14 0AX
Licensees :
HERBERT GEORGE QUANTRILL from 1963
GERALD RAYMOND ATTOE 20.03.1979
PAUL VERNON BAKER 24.07.1979
EDWARD WILLIAM SCOTT 15.05.1984
EDWARD MAJOR 14.10.1986
PAMELA MUDD & IAN GRADY 11.10.1988
KEITH JOHN BLACKWELL 12.11.1991
ROGER CAWDRON & SARAH JOHNSON 07.07.1992
JOHN PAUL BRENNAN 08.02.1994
GRAHAM ALEXANDER KERR 06.02.1997
GRAHAM ALEXANDER KERR &
STEPHEN ERIC HOWE
14.07.1998
   
GAIL LARKMAN (manager) by 11.2003
CARLY LARGE &
CHRISTOPHER ESCRADER
by 05.2008
The Bridge House
c1997

Thanks to Nichola Rayner of Tager Inns Ltd
for the update 12.2003

The Bridge House - 28.07.1996
July 1996

The KINGS ARMS to 1975

Renamed LOLLARDS PIT June 2012. 
  The Norwich Pub Survey of 1986, compiled by the Norwich Society, in association with Norwich City Council, assessed the house:-  
 
Approx date of building Listed Quality Pre-war fittings surviving
External Internal
17th C Yes 5 5 No
Grade II listed.
Main structure 15th C and onwards 1640 - 1670.
Renovated 1979.
Side elevation has blocked up mediaeval window.
Fittings inside include 2 horse collars,
1 giant bellows
Fishing rods
Horse brasses (Repro?)
One `L' shaped bar.
Originally three rooms, bar snug and living room.
Original low beamed ceiling.
First building on east side of river, built on the site of Lollard's Pit.
(Plaque on exterior to this effect.)
By legend used once as a womens prison, possibly old dungeons beneath building.
Reputed to be haunted by the ghost of a woman.