NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
BULL NORWICH B index
Bull index
CASTLE MEADOW St. PETER PER MOUNTERGATE BEERHOUSE CLOSED
-
Licensees :
ELVIN STEBBINGS April 1871 to
October 1871 ?

Not found in licence registers or any
brewery papers.

However described in the 1871 census as the BULL BEER HOUSE
The census places this house between the premises of painter John Huggins and those of shoemaker Stephen Fuller.
( On the enumerators route it is 5 houses away from the Steam Packet and 13 from the Nags Head )

Further investigation suggests that this short-lived beerhouse was located at approximately 34 Cattle Market Street. Located between the LION at 31 Cattle Market Street and the BUILDERS ARMS on the corner of ( 38 ) Cattle Market Street and King Street.

Elvin Stebbings was previously at the ROEBUCK, Lakenham from November 1870 to end of March 1871 and did not arrive at the CATTLEMARKET INN until 28th October 1871.


Thanks to Linda Clark, June 2009 for the census lead.