NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
CANTEEN NORWICH C index
BARRACK STREET POCKTHORPE FULL LICENCE CLOSED c1887
FREE TRADE  Owned by the Army Barracks
Licensees :
THOMAS BOSWELL 1802
JAMES HUBBARD c1830
HENRY OAKES 1836
THOMAS RAMM 1842 - 1845
JOHN WIFFIN 1846
GEORGE THOMPSON 1850 - 1871
WILLIAM HENRY BROWNE 19.10.1871
JAMES HALLS 19.04.1872
GEORGE SMITH 19.11.1872
WILLIAM SUGDEN 29.04.1873
EDWARD HODGKINSON 20.06.1873
JAMES WOOD 27.07.1873
SAMUEL SHAWYER 20.08.1874
WILLIAM PEACHY 29.07.1875
ADOLPHUS CROSS 26.07.1876
EDWIN JOHN WILKINS 17.04.1877
CHARLES WATKINS 15.08.1878
EDWARD HARRISON 12.10.1878
ALBERT HAYLOCK 05.04.1879 - Closure

Address also given as Horse Barracks and at Barrack Yard.

James Hubbard, formerly of Saint Catherine's Plain, sometimes unemployed and occasionally employed as a waiter, then of the Canteen, Horse Barracks, then of the Market Place and late of the Canteen, aforesaid, all in Norwich, Publican, appeared at the Court for Relief of Insolvent Debtors on 7th July 1831.

Closed and licence dropped 1888