NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
CASTLE & LION NORWICH C index
Castle Index
CASTLE DITCHES St. PETER MANCROFT FULL LICENCE See CASTLE HOTEL
  -
Licensees :
PHILIP SERGEANT 1760
THOMAS PARKERSON
barber
1760 - 1764
ROBERT CHIDDICK 1792
CHARLES BROWNE 1802
THOMAS BROOKS (?) 1810
THOMAS RISING 1811
Mr. J. G. ANSELL 1820

Two entries appear in 1760 giving the CASTLE & LION at St. Peter Mancroft.

Robert Chiddick announced 25th January 1792 that he had taken the Inn, for the better accommodation of his Customers, whose favours he solicited and thanked them for his former support. ( Named at the PORTER HOUSE, Lower Goat lane, in 1783 )

Address as Timberhill Street 1810.

For Sale by Auction Saturday 12th February 1820, then in the occupation of Mr. Ansell.
Used as a Market house and considered to be one of the best frequented Inns in the City for more than fifty years past.
A coach runs therefrom to Yarmouth twice every day.


See also LION & CASTLE