NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
CITY ARMS NORWICH C index
City Arms Index
6 RED WELL STREET St MICHAEL AT PLEA FULL LICENCE CLOSED 1957
NORWICH LICENCE REGISTERS PS 1/8/2 to PS 1/8/4 ( 1894 to 1967 )
LACON & Co after 1894 - pre 1920
Licensees :
JOHN RUGGLES
( Listed at the house in 1900 directory )
12.11.1901
MINNIE RUGGLES 23.07.1907
WILLIAM GEORGE BROWN 26.11.1907
ROSE PRISCILLA BROWN 01.12.1908
THERESA MAY CRICK
( Married James Crane Watson 1911 )
23.08.1910
THERESA MAY WATSON 30.06.1911
ARTHUR WELLINGTON EVERETT 08.10.1912
WILLIAM JOHN YOUNG 26.11.1912
EDITH ROSE YOUNG 17.07.1917
EDITH ROSE ALLSOPP 04.1918
Convicted 20.04.1927 of failing to admit the police.
WILLIAM HENRY NEWSTEAD 19.07.1927
HERBERT SPALDING 17.11.1936
JOHN HENRY DORRINGTON 06.07.1948
KENNETH LAWS 08.03.1955
DAVID WILLIAM WHITEMAN 21.08.1956
c1920 image thanks to Peter Fisher
c1920

The site of the CABINETMAKERS ARMS 1822 to c1899.

Both the CABINETMAKERS and the former CITY ARMS at St. Andrews were demolished c1899 to allow tram access.
The name of the CITY ARMS moved to the new premises.

Licence removed to the SHRUB HOUSE 12.03.1957.

Demolished 1958 to allow erection of the Eastern Counties Newspaper building.