NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
CRICKETERS ARMS NORWICH C index
Cricketers index
15 RED LION STREET
ANCHOR BUILDINGS
St. STEPHEN FULL LICENCE CLOSED 30.09.1959
NORWICH LICENCE REGISTERS PS 1/8/1 to PS 1/8/4 ( 1867 - 1965 )
BULLARDS  
Licensees :
-  
GEORGE FIGG 1854
JOHN EDWARD HUNT 29.09.1855
ROBERT JOHN WOODS
& cabinet maker
29.09.1856
JAMES MATTHIAS WOODS 17.06.1873
Convicted 26.01.1884 of allowing consumption out of hours.
Fine £10 plus 18/6d costs or 2 months detention.
HARRY HORACE EMMS 25.02.1884
Convicted 18.09.1886 of selling out of hours.
Fine 10/- plus costs.
WILLIAM HUGHES 14.08.1894
ERNEST BULLARD 09.05.1899
FREDERICK WALTER FRANCIS 05.02.1901
ALFRED THOMAS AVERY 26.11.1907
WILLIAM GEORGE BURTON 10.05.1910
WILLIAM ATTOE 13.02.1911
ERNEST ALBERT DURRANT 18.08.1914
SIDNEY SKEDGE 05.04.1935
ARTHUR WILLIAM PAYNE 08.02.1938
JOSEPH RICHARD TAYLOR 14.07.1942
MAY LOTTIE ROSE KATHLEEN TAYLOR 09.10.1951
RAYMOND THOMAS FRANK MOON 01.01.1952
JACK LAURANCE SPARKES 06.10.1959



First referenced in 1853.

The twenty-fifth annual meeting of the Anchor Brewery ( St. Miles) Sick Society was held here April 1884. After an excellent dinner the toasts included Prosperity to the Anchor Brewery and the Firm. Mr. John Yaxley, secretary to the Society from the beginning, was presented with a capital silver hunter watch which was suitably inscribed and a gold albert chain, as a mark of respect and appreciation of his services.

House rebuilt 1900 when area redeveloped to allow tram access.

Trading ceased 30.09.1959




See page 31 of `Norwich in Old Postcards - Vol 3 ' published 1990