NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
CRICKETERS REST NORWICH C index
Lakenham
207 QUEENS ROAD
NR1 3PA
HALL ROAD
LAKENHAM FULL LICENCE CLOSED 2010
NORWICH LICENCE REGISTER PS 1/8/1 to PS 1/8/4 (1867 - 1965)
BULLARDS from 1872
WATNEY MANN  
NORWICH BREWERY  
BRENT WALKER from October 1989
PUBMASTER   
TAGER INNS LTD Reg office : 443 Ashley Road, Parkstone, Poole, BH14 0AX
LONDON & EDINBURGH INNS By August 2004
WINLEASE Ltd. as live music application October 2005
Licensees :
ROBERT ROLL from 1870
Accused 27.12.1872 of suffering gaming.
Convicted 30.12.1872 of suffering gaming.
Fine £5 plus £1/7/- costs.
ELIZA ROLL 04.05.1886
JAMES WOOLSTONE 05.03.1888
JOSEPH SWARBRICK 17.06.1902
CHARLES WALES LEGGETT 19.01.1904
FREDERICK CHARLES READ 14.06.1904
JOHN HENRY MOORE 12.06.1906
ROBERT JOHN LARTER 15.01.1907
ALFRED STOWERS 05.04.1907
IVY MAY STOWERS 11.02.1915
ALFRED STOWERS 07.10.1919
WILLIAM HENRY COGMAN 06.11.1945
CLAUDE RICHARD GEORGE MALLETT 30.12.1958
M. T. RUDLING 1971
-  
HILDA PARKES
(ex LAME DOG)
1981 - 02.1986
   
PAUL SAYER 1993 - 1994
JACQUELINE HARDY 11/1986
ANDREW HANNISON 1987
DARREN BROUGHTON &
SUE COLEMAN
Managers
1987 - 1988
ERIC DAVID WATSON by 08.1998
PAUL & JENNY SAYER 1992
DEBBY & STEPHEN KIRBY 09.1997
ERROL WATSON 1998
MICK SMITH &
SONJA BAKER
2001
CAROLYN WELLS (manager) by 2003 - 2004







Thanks to Nichola Rayner of Tager Inns Ltd
for the update 12.2003
 May 1998
May 1998

The ROSE INN to 25.07.1881.

James Woolstone applied for a music, singing and dancing licence 22nd August 1891. There was a detached large club-room and during the winter months, dancing classes were held there weekly. It was only for this purpose and the occasion of the anniversary of the Foresters Club, that the application was made.
the Chief Constable said the room was suitable and there were no complaints against the house.
Licence granted.


August 1986 - No handpumps.
Norwich Bitter, Webster's Yorkshire Bitter and Carlsberg Lager on tap.

Refurbished late 1986 and handpumps installed by 1987.


May 2003

Closed by mid 2010.
Signage removed early 2011.

Freehold and contents sold September 2011
(Original asking price £150,000)


  The Norwich Pub Survey of 1986, compiled by the Norwich Society, in association with Norwich City Council, assessed the house:-  
 
Approx date of building Listed Quality Pre-war fittings surviving
External Internal
Mid 19th C No 6 4 Yes
Nice late 19th C pub front retaining three original entrances to bars.
19th century bell push in public bar.
Very plain decor, low ceiling, small formica topped corner bar counter, 1930's tiled fireplace, dado rail above matchboarding and plain painted walls above.
19th century bar counter in lounge bar with carved brackets and later formica top.
Wooden matchboarding and dado rail.
Leatherette benches and fitted bench seats in window embrosure.