NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
DUKE OF CONNAUGHT NORWICH D index
Duke of Connaught
72 PRINCE OF WALES ROAD St. PETER PER MOUNTERGATE FULL LICENCE

CLOSED 01.05.1968

NORWICH LICENCE REGISTERS PS 1/8/1 to PS 1/8/4  (1867 - 1965)
W LIVOCK Given at the ALE AND PORTER STORES from at least 1867
MORGANS 1872 named Duke of Connaught from 1885
STEWARD & PATTESON 1961
Licensees :
-  
WILLIAM LIVOCK 1867
THOMAS TITUS ROBINSON 26.10.1869
JOHN ROBERTS 01.10.1872
WILLIAM HANNAH 10.10.1873
WILLIAM HIGH 16.04.1878
EMMA HIGH 12.02.1884
EMANUEL WILLIAM HIGH 29.09.1884
JAMES JOHNSON 26.03.1885
GEORGE HARDING HIGH 22.09.1885
SAMUEL FISH 07.05.1912
ALBERT MONTAGUE WELLINGS 07.10.1913
SAMUEL FISH 13.02.1914
JAMES EDWIN BAILEY 05.10.1915
FREDERICK WILLIAM HALL 07.05.1918
JAMES EDWIN BAILEY 05.04.1919
HARRY HALESWORTH 16.06.1936
Convicted 22.12.1943 of supplying a young person under the age of 18. Fine 10/-.
WILFRED RUSSELL PATRICK 13.05.1952
REGINALD GEORGE TEMPLE 18.11.1958 to at least 1965


Duke of Connaught - 1960
1960

Listed In Licence Register as the ALE & PORTER STORES to 25.03.1885.

Kelly's 1883 directory gives the DUKE OF CONNAUGHT at 20 Prince of Wales Road.
So assume house relocated ?

Damaged by bombing 27th - 29th April 1942.

Acquired by Steward & Patteson from Morgans 1961.


Morgans sales 1960 were : Barrels 112, Sprits 110.

121 barrels of beer sold in year immediately before closure.