NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
ELM TAVERN NORWICH E index Elm index
Wine Vaults
ELM HILL
PRINCES STREET
St. MICHAEL AT PLEA - CLOSED c1878
NORWICH LICENCE REGISTER PS 1/8/1 to PS 1/8/4 (1867 to 1965)
FREE TRADE Only supplied by Steward & Co during the years 1838 to 1840 (as recorded to 1851)
STEWARD & Co by 1865
BULLARDS by 1870
Licensees :
WILLIAM ROYAL dyer 1760
WILLIAM UNDAY cordwainer 1763
.
WILLIAM POWLEY 1830 - 1839
WILLIAM LEGGATT
age 39 in 1851
1842 - 1851
ROBERT RUST 1854 - 1859
JOHN CADNEY 25.12.1862
WILLIAM CADNEY by 1865
THOMAS POWLEY 28.10.1868
ELIZABETH THURLOW 01.10.1872


Address as St. Peter Hungate in 1760 & 1763 At Redwell Street 1839 (Pigot) and Elm Road, Princes Street 1865. William Powley is given in 1839, by Robson, at the WINE VAULTS, Princes Street.

Offered To let May 1851.
Described as an Old-established Corner-Shop and Convenient House, well suited for a respectable Retail Spirit and Porter Trade, in Prince's Street and fronting Elm Hill.

Advertised for Sale by Auction Friday 29th July 1870.
Situate on the corner of Redwell Street and fronting Princes' Street.
Then in occupation of Messrs Briggs, Bullard and Boyce under a repairing lease due to expire Michaelmas 1876.

A provisional order was granted in 1878 for removal to premises in the Parish of Tombland, in the occupation of Frederick Butler. (To become the ARMY & NAVY STORES)

House No. 284 on 1845 Magistrates list