NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
HOSPITAL BOY NORWICH H index
WHITEFRIARS St. MARTIN AT PALACE BEERHOUSE CLOSED
STEWARD & PATTESON Leasehold owned by Steward, Patteson, Finch & Co
Licensees :
-
WILLIAM BALLS
( beer retailer at Whitefriars, Bridge Street 1846 )
1842 - * 1846
ROBERT COLLETT
age 38 in 1851
* 1850 - 1854
JOHN LAWS 1856
JOHN BOWDEN 1863
JAMES MOORE 1867
Fine of 10s and costs, or 7 days imprisonment, for selling beer out of hours. Offence taking place on Saturday 26th October 1867 at 11:30pm.


Originally a Free House known as THE BEER SHOP.
First supplied by Steward & Patteson during the year commencing November 1838.

Named the HOSPITAL BOY by 1848
also referenced as the HOSPITAL SCHOOL BOY