NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
HALF MOON NORWICH H Index
Half Moon Index
10 THE WALK ST PETER MANCROFT - CLOSED
MORGANS  
Licensees :
-
ROBERT GYNNE here 1743
-  
THOMAS PUXLEY 1822
JAMES PUXLEY 1830 - 1836
THOMAS BENSTEAD
age 30
1841
ROBERT AMES
( as Amis 1845 )
1842 - 1846
WILLIAM TILLETT 1850
JAMES WHITBY ( 41 ) 1851
JOHN SNELLING 1854
-  
   


On Wednesday 19th September 1849, a young man named Griffiths, who lodged at the Half Moon, was charged with assaulting an old man named Clark, who sold beef patties at the same house. Griffiths had rubbed grease and soot onto Mr Clark's face and otherwise molested him on the 17th September. Ordered to pay costs of 5s or be imprisoned for 7 days, Clark chose the latter.

Apparently known as the LOWER HALF MOON when occupied by Mr. Gynne in 1740's. The name distinguishing the house from the HALF MOON at 38 Market Place, which was at a higher elevation.
Described 10th September 1743 To Lett, as an ancient, large and well accustomed inn with good stables, vaults, and store cellars, and a Brewers-office all fitted up.


Listed 1801 as at 10 The Walk.
9 The Walk 1830 & 1846
As at Court 9 Gentlemans Walk 1845
and also in the 1845 Magistrates listing as at Wheelhouse's Court.

James Whitby is given at a beerhouse, Half Moon Court in 1851.