NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
KINGS ARMS NORWICH K index
Kings Arms index
100 MILE CROSS ROAD HEIGHAM FULL LICENCE CLOSED by 12.1999
NORWICH LICENCE REGISTERS PS 1/8/3 to PS 1/8/4 ( 1926 to 1965 )
STEWARD & PATTESON   
WATNEY MANN  
NORWICH BREWERY   
SPRING INNS   
Licensees :
LOUIS REGINALD CANHAM 28.12.1938
WALTER WILLIAM STEWARDSON 14.02.1939
SAMUEL FLAWN 09.1943
LESLIE WILLIAM FREDERICK MALLETT 10.06.1952
ARTHUR HENRY LOFTING 19.08.1958
WALTER LEONARD MADGETT 17.03.1964
.
.

A sign of the times
September 1997
28.07.1996
July 1996


The licence of the KINGS ARMS, Bethel Street was transferred to these new premises 28.12.1938.

House opened 30.12.1938.

House closed August 1997.

Briefly reopened but closed and boarded up by December 1999.

Plans to demolish and redevelop the site for housing announced February 2002.
Still standing December 2015

Finally demolished by November 2016


  The Norwich Pub Survey of 1986, compiled by the Norwich Society, in association with Norwich City Council, assessed the house:-  
 
Approx date of building Listed Quality Pre-war fittings surviving
External Internal
1945 No 7 3 No
Bar, lounge and retail.
Wood panelled throughout.
Modern fittings.