NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
LACON ARMS NORWICH L index
22 JUNCTION ROAD
SHORNCLIFFE ROAD
  FULL LICENCE CLOSED FEBRUARY 2006
NORWICH LICENCE REGISTERS PS 1/8/1 - PS 1/8/4 (1867 - 1965)
LACONS  
WHITBREAD  
  ADNAMS  
Licensees :
CHRISTINA RACHEL HOOD 28.11.1922
ROBERT HARRY HOOD 09.01.1923
RANDELL ELLIS STEWARD 02.01.1934
RICHARD BAXTER 19.06.1962
ELSIE BAXTER 08.10.1968
ALAN BERNARD CARSON 10.02.1970
GEORGE CHARLTON HODGE & 
DAVID ADAMS
15.10.1974
GEORGE CHARLTON HODGE & 
ALEC NOEL COVELL
02.09.1975
RAYMOND JOHN SMITH &
ROY CHARLES ADDEY
10.02.1976
JOHN EDWARD WOODS &
ROY CHARLES ADDEY
13.06.1978
JOHN EDWARD WOODS &
ARTHUR SELF
09.01.1979
RICHARD WILLIAM CRISP 18.03.1980
GEORGE ERNEST MEAD 07.08.1990
MICHAEL JOHN  ATKINS &
KATHLEEN MARGARET ATKINS
28.09.1993
DAVID GEORGE OLDMAN 14.02.1995
JANET & DAVID TAYLOR 30.10.2001


The Lacon Arms - 11.04.1997
April 1997

First application for provisional licence for new premises to be erected at corner of Junction road and Shorncliffe road was reported in the Norfolk Chronicle of 14.02.1903.
Licence applied for 13.02.1904 by William Edward Howling, manager for Lacons. Refused.

First licence granted following removal from the
ROYAL EXCHANGE, St Peter Mancroft, 28.11.1922.
From a date stone on the building this appears to be the date the building was actually completed.

Name of LACON ARMS officially effective from 29.11.1922.

Closed February & boarded up by June 2006

Converted into flats


  The Norwich Pub Survey of 1986, compiled by the Norwich Society, in association with Norwich City Council, assessed the house:-  
 
Approx date of building Listed Quality Pre-war fittings surviving
External Internal
1922 No 6 5 No
Bar and lounge, modern fittings.
Bay window on ground floor has etched glass.