NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
LION & CASTLE NORWICH L index
Lion & Castle Index
24 DISTILLERY STREET HEIGHAM FULL LICENCE CLOSED 1997
WATNEY MANN  
NORWICH BREWERY  
Licensees :
-
-  
-  


1985

The BRASSFOUNDERS ARMS 1830 - 1836
( Or FOUNDERS ARMS )

The SARACENS HEAD c1840 - 1969 when closed

Reopened as the LION & CASTLE 1973 to closure 1997
  The Norwich Pub Survey of 1986, compiled by the Norwich Society, in association with Norwich City Council, assessed the house:-  
 
Approx date of building Listed Quality Pre-war fittings surviving
External Internal
Early 19th C No 5 5 No
Two rooms - Lounge and bar, modern fittings throughout, quite comfortable.
Formerly the Saracen's Head - looks as if it was once part of a terrace.