NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
LA ROUEN NORWICH L index
1 FARMERS AVENUE St. MICHAEL AT THORN   See No 12
NORWICH LICENCE REGISTERS PS 1/8/1 - PS 1/8/3 ( 1867 - 1953 )
INNTREPRENEUR  
SPRING INNS  
-  
Licensees :
DOURO ROBERT POTTER &
DERRICK ALBERT BROWNE
1973
 DOURO ROBERT POTTER &
HUBERT KRYZKALA
08.01.1974
DOURO ROBERT POTTER 10.01.1978
RAYMOND JOHN LINCE 21.071981
ROGER SCOTT PHILIPS 18.03.1986
PATRICIA  DASHWOOD 06.01.1987
TERRY DOWSON 14.02.1989
COLIN EARTHY &
PAUL KENNETH MIDDLETON
14.08.1989
TERRENCE DOWSON &
CHRISTINE MARGARET RUNACRE
09.07.1991
DAVID ANTHONY DOWSON &
STUART STEEL
22.03.1994
DAVID ANTHONY DOWSON &
STEPHEN PYE
20.12.1994


La Rouen - 1995
1995

Formerly the PLOUGH & HORSES to 1830.

The PLOUGH to 1973.

Closed c1995 and continually monitored for damage as the Castle Mall development undermined the building.

Offered for sale October 1997.

Reopened by 2000, renamed LE ROUEN.

Became No 12 July 2008


  The Norwich Pub Survey of 1986, compiled by the Norwich Society, in association with Norwich City Council, assessed the house:-  
 
Approx date of building Listed Quality Pre-war fittings surviving
External Internal
17th C Yes 8 5 Yes
Originally two or three buildings, now converted into one.
Party wall between two and three storey buildings breached to provide access to restaurant area.
Cast iron Tortoise stove.
Fireplace with wooden over-mantle 17th or 18th C.
Wooden `Arts and Crafts ' type servery in restaurant area.
Essentially modern but with reproduction period feel.
Single bar has panelled bar counter with wooden bar back with fleur-de-lis stained glass in spandrels.
Low beamed ceilings.
Corner bar area partitioned off by a screen of turned wooden posts.