NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
MANCROFT ARMS NORWICH M Index
39 MANCROFT STREET
DEREHAM ROAD
HEIGHAM   CLOSED 22.11.1966
NORWICH LICENCE REGISTERS PS 1/8/1 to PS 1/8/4 ( 1867 - 1965 )
ABEL CHAPMAN From 1875
SARAH LOUISE CHAPMAN of Dereham Road 1878
STEWARD & PATTESON ( Steward, Patteson, Finch & Co from 1879 )
Licensees :
ABEL CHAPMAN from 1875
STEPHEN HENRY NASH 09.04.1878
ROBERT COLLETT 05.07.1881
THOMAS MARTIN DICKERSON 03.08.1881
EDMUND JERMY
( died 19.12.1903 )
16.02.1882
MARGARET JERMY 19.01.1904
GEORGE AMIES 13.01.1914
ARTHUR FREDERICK SEAMAN 18.10.1932
CHARLOTTE SEAMAN 12.02.1946



Licence of the FIREMANS ARMS removed to Abel Chapman 1875.

MANCROFT TAVERN 1877

Located on the SW corner of Mancroft Street and St. Peters Street.


Damaged by enemy action 27/29.04.1942, but trading continued in spite of having no doors or windows.

Address given as 50 Mancroft Street in 1950
Number 39 in 1954 & 1956.


Run from 1932 by Arthur and Charlotte Seaman.
Arthur died in 1945 but Mrs Seaman was there until closure 1966.
Speaking of the closure, she `appreciated the impossibility of running a small pub when the takings did not pay for the coal fire.'

63¾ barrels of beer sold in the final year of trading.