NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
NEW INN NORWICH N index
New Inn index
Pudding Lane, MARKET PLACE St PETER MANCROFT BEERHOUSE CLOSED
 
Licensees :
-  
ELEANOR RINGWOOD 1864 - 1865
GEORGE BALDWIN to 01.1867
WILLIAM FRENCH 1868
- 1872



Advertised To Let 9th July 1864.
All that substantially built Freehold Public House in full trade, known as the NEW INN, situate in Pudding Lane and St Peter's Church Alley, having 2 shops, Tap-Room, Bar Parlour, Club Room, Sitting Room, 2 bedrooms, 3 attics and good Cellarage, in the occupation of Mrs Eleanor Ringwood, at a rental of £20 per annum.
This lot offers the unusual advantages of a commanding position with two fronts and is situate close to the Market.
Land tax £1 12s per annum.

George Baldwin was charged during the week of 19th January 1867, of allowing prostitutes and other notorious characters to assemble at his house. Inspector Manswell showed the case to be a very bad one and the magistrates imposed the full penalty of £5 with costs.


Also given 1872, but no licensee named.