NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
NEW INN NORWICH N index
New Inn index
47/49 WEST END STREET
20 NELSON STREET
HEIGHAM BEERHOUSE
later FULL LICENCE
See FAT CAT
NORWICH LICENCE REGISTERS Volumes I to IV (1867 to 1965)
STEWARD & PATTESON  
WATNEY MANN exchanged with Courage 03.02.1972
COURAGE  
FREEHOUSE (From 1991 when renamed the FAT CAT)
Licensees :
-  
THOMAS HAIL PORTER 1868 - 1875
Mrs MARTHA PORTER
according to Kelly 1883
1879 - *1883
FREDERICK YALLOP
according to White 1883
(Still listed here 1900 according to Kelly !)
1883 - 1896
T. PALMER 29.09.1896
JOSEPH BRUNDISH 28.12.1897
EMMA BRUNDISH 05.04.1906
GEORGE REVELL 15.01.1918
ELLEN MARY REVELL 05.04.1932
CHARLES ROBERT ARMES 26.07.1932
Convicted 07.12.1934 of allowing consumption out of hours.
Fine 10/- or 7 days detention.
Convicted 26.02.1937 of allowing consumption out of hours - Fine £1
ALBERT EDWARD HARRIS 19.07.1938
THOMAS GEORGE HUNT 15.07.1952
WILLIAM WALTER MANN 29.12.1953
DENYS HARDING THOMAS 04.10.1955
STANLEY BULLOCK 21.08.1956
LEONARD ARTHUR WATSON 11.06.1957
ALBERT ROBERT BUSH 27.04.1965
FRANK WALTER BALL 18.10.1977
MICHAEL MAURICE STOLADAY 24.07.1984
JOHN ROBERT DENNING 10.05.1988
T J DOWSON & JACQUELINE UNWIN 03.04.1990
ANTHONY VICTOR HICKS & 
JOHN MICHAEL GLOVER 
18.09.1990
COLIN KEATLEY
See FAT CAT
12.11.1991


c1984 1960's?


Mr. Blofield appeared at the Annual Licensing Sessions upon the behalf of Frederick Yallop, according to the Norfolk Chronicle of 22nd August 1885. The application was made to remove the beer licence to a newly erected house on adjoining land. It was explained that the new premises were built partially on the site of the old. There were no objections.

Full licence granted 01.01.1952 on removal from the
YARN FACTORY.

Sold by Courage in 1991.

Reopened as the FAT CAT 02.12.1991

Late 1970's

  The Norwich Pub Survey of 1986, compiled by the Norwich Society, in association with Norwich City Council, assessed the house:-  
 
Approx date of building Listed Quality Pre-war fittings surviving
External Internal
1900 No 5 2 No
Originally modernised 1965
Two rooms, bar and lounge.
Moulding in bar of two wheatsheaf "Bacchus and the Horns of Plenty".