NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
REFRESHMENT ROOM NORWICH R Index Thorpe
Refreshment Room
CITY STATION
HEIGHAM STREET
HEIGHAM FULL LICENCE ( 6 day ) CLOSED by 1959
NORWICH LICENCE REGISTERS PS 1/8/1 to PS 1/8/4 ( 1867 - 1965 )
EASTERN & MIDLAND RAILWAY Co.   
MIDLAND & GREAT NORTHERN RAILWAY 1893
LONDON & NORTH EASTERN RAILWAY 1928
BRITISH TRANSPORT COMMISSION 1948
Licensees :
CHARLES LAVAKER CAWKWELL TAIT by 1883
CHARLES BARNES 17.06.1884
ALFRED ROBERT JAMES WOOLBRIGHT 08.08.1893
EDWARD WILLIAM WELLS 23.03.1897
WILLIAM LATTER 30.07.1901
EUSTACE HUBERT BURROWS 25.11.1902
GEORGE FRANCIS THURSTON 06.02.1923
JAMES McLAREN 16.06.1925
HENRY PARKER WARD 27.08.1929
HARRY HORACE EMMS 11.02.1936
PERCY JOHN DOWSETT
(Secretary of the L.N.E.R.)
25.08.1942
WILLIAM HENRY JOHNSON 09.02.1943
ARTHUR ALLEN RYAN 01.06.1948
WILLIAM HENRY JOHNSON 03.05.1949
THOMAS HENRY BAKER 05.04.1951

 


The Lynn & Fakenham Railway opened in 1882.
By 1883 the Eastern & Midland Railway Company were the operators.

The railway station was severely damaged by enemy action during 1942. The Customs Officer confirmed by letter dated 29.01.1943 that trading had been interrupted.

Licence `In Suspense' at some time after 1951.

Station closed to passenger traffic 1959 and totally closed 1969.

Premises listed as the Railway Cafe in a report dated 23.11.1966 which states that the name recently and finally removed from the Licensing Register.