NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
SHAKESPEARE'S HEAD NORWICH S Index
Shakespeare Index
LONDON STREET St MICHAEL AT PLEA - CLOSED
STEWARD & Co as given 1845
Licensees :
-  
ROBERT LOCKE
tailor
1760 - 1763
-  
? 1801
EDWARD SPARKES 1805



As named 1760 & 1763.

Offered To Let 2nd December 1780 with Immediate Possession.
An ancient and good accustomed Tavern and Porter House, in the Parish of St. Michael at Plea. A corner house next the streets leading to the Market, the Church Close and other Places. The only Inn or Tavern in the same Parish, or near there. Enquire of Mr. Waites at the next House or of Mr. Finch the Attourney.

Given as the SHAKESPEARE TAVERN 1780 and 1801

Edward Sparkes informed his Friends and the Public, on 18th April 1805, that he had taken the Inn. (SHAKESPEARE)
He also thanked the 639 friends who attended his late meeting. (At his previous house?)