NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
SUN STORES NORWICH S Index
Sun Stores Sun index
13 St. GILES STREET St. GREGORY FULL LICENCE CLOSED 1889
NORWICH LICENCE REGISTER PS 1/8/1 ( 1867 to 1894 )
Mrs SMITH of St. Giles
STEWARD & PATTESON From 1875
Licensees :
-  
FRANCIS WILLIAM SPARKES by 1826
JOHN CUMBY 09.04.1868
CAROLINE HILL 11.01.1870
WILLIAM DOSHER 28.03.1870
ROBERT COLLETT 15.07.1875
JOHN HART BOWGEN 14.10.1875
JAMES FULLER 25.03.1878
JAMES NEWTON 01.10.1878
WILLIAM EDWARD GASKIN 19.11.1878
EDWARD BALDWIN 04.02.1879
DAVID POTTER 10.10.1879
ISAAC DOGGETT 17.02.1880
ROBERT COLLETT 26.10.1880
EDWARD BALDWIN 25.11.1880
DAVID GENT 31.01.1882
GEORGE CASTON 01.08.1882
WILLIAM EDWARD FIELD 18.09.1883
SARAH ROBINSON 23.11.1886
ARTHUR HENRY HALL 25.11.1886
JAMES SMITH 25.06.1889



13th September 1856 - F. W. Sparkes, Wine & Spirit Merchant of 5, St. Giles Street thanked his customers who had liberally supported him for the past thirty years and hoped for a continuance of the same.
Families supplied with Nine Gallon Casks of London Stout, Pale, Burton and Scotch Ales.

Address as 5 St. Giles Street in 1883.

Also found as the SUN TAVERN.

Licence dropped 1889 and property sold to rivals, Bullards.