NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
THREE TUNS NORWICH T Index
Three Tuns
CHURCH STREET
COSLANY STREET
St. MICHAEL COSLANY - CLOSED
-
Licensees :
-
EDWARD CORDRAN by 10.1878 to  Sept 1781
SAMUEL DAWSON 1781 - 1782
ROBERT OLLYET October 1782
-  
ANN TALLOCK 1806 - 1807
WILLIAM TALLACK *1842 - 1845
JAMES MILLS 1850
WILLIAM PHILLIPS
age 46 in 1851
See below
1851 - 1854
EDWARD EASTWOOD
according to Craven
1856
JAMES EASTWOOD
according to Melville
1856
S PLUMSTEAD 1858 - 1859
uninhabited 1861
WILLIAM LYNN 1864
-  


William Phillips is listed as a currier & leather seller at All Saints Green in 1856 and 1858.

In October 1859 a gentleman by the name of William Phillips applied for a Discharge from Insolvency. His debts were £952 5s 3d and his credits £157 14s 1d. He was said to be out of business and unemployed, but formerly a leather cutter and publican in St, Giles, Norwich. He had been bankrupt twice before, in December 1856 and in June 1859. The latter case had been indefinitely adjourned. At this hearing it was decided that he would be remanded in custody until the November Sessions.

Location given as at St. Mary's in 1778.
Licensee name given as Cawdron.

Recorded August 1781 as being recently rebuilt and in the occupation of Edward Cordran.
To be Let or Sold as a Freehold Estate including three Tenements adjoining.

The Norfolk Chronicle of 30th September 1781 advised..
Samuel Dawson, having taken the House late of Mr Cordran's, known by the sign of the Tuns, in St Mary's begs leave to inform his Friends, and the Public in general, that he has laid in a good Assortment of Wines, Spirituous Liquors, fine Nog, and the best London Porter, and all that please to make Trial of the above House may depend upon the kindest and gentlest Treatment, and all Favours will be gratefully acknowledged by their humble Servant to Command, S Dawson
Note: The Liquor Shop will continue as usual, where may be had Spirituous Liquors, and all sorts of Compounds.

The Norfolk Chronicle of 12th October 1782
announced....
Robert Ollyet From the Kings Arms, Reepham
Begs Leave to inform his Friends, and Public in general, that he is removed from the above House to the TUNS, in St. Mary's, Norwich, late in the occupation of ...... Dawson where all Gentlemen and others, who will please to favour him with their Custom, may depend on good Usage, the best Wines, Liquors, etc and London Porter, and their Favours will be gratefully acknowledged by their humble servant,
Robert Ollyet.
Note : The London Papers taken in, as usual.


As the TUNS, Oak Street and as the THREE TUNS, Coslany Street.

At St. Mary in 1782 & 1806 - 1807

Location as Church Street in 1845.

Craven gives the location as St. Miles in 1856.


House No. 333 on 1845 Magistrates list.
(Location as St. Michael at Coslany)