NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
WHITE HART NORWICH W index
White Hart Index
28 COSLANY STREET St. MICHAEL AT COSLANY FULL LICENCE CLOSED by 04.02.1911
NORWICH LICENCE REGISTERS PS 1/8/1 to PS 1/8/2 ( 1867 to 1925 )
STEWARD & Co Freehold owned by Steward, Patteson & Steward as recorded 1867
Licensees :
-  
JOHN WAITES 1810
SIMON SELF 1822
JOHN METCALF 1830
WILLIAM BLYTH 1836
HENRY KEMP 1839
ROBERT WALKER 1842
GEORGE EDWARDS
( Magistrates list )
1845
JOHN GREEN
according to White
1845
-  
THOMAS IVES 1854
FRANCIS DRAKE 1856
uninhabited 1861
FRANCIS DRAKE by 1865
WILLIAM SILLIS 07.11.1874
GEORGE HINGLE 08.06.1875
MARY PAGE 30.05.1876
JAMES NEWTON 23.07.1877
ELI AMISS 13.09.1877
GEORGE BEALES 22.11.1877
HENRY FISKE 22.12.1877
HENRY MANCLARKE 02.04.1878
JOHN LAWS 25.02.1879
ALFRED BECKETT 10.07.1879
HARRY SKIPPER 09.01.1883
JOHN MANN 29.10.1883
JAMES MEADOWS BRADFORD 27.03.1888
Convicted 02.09.1899 of keeping open out of hours.
Fine 10/- plus 7/- costs or 7 days detention.
HENRY BRADFORD 09.02.1905
JAMES ARTHUR HORSTEAD 27.11.1907

As at Bridge Street in 1836.
At St. Miles in August 1871 when the licence of F. Drake is recorded as requiring attention.

Objections to licence renewal were made at the 1909 sessions on the grounds that the house was not needed, that the premises were unsuitable and were difficult to supervise.
Licence provisionally refused 09.02.1911 and referred to Compensation.

Closed under Compensation 04.02.1911

( Steward & Patteson Trust Deed records closed by Compensation and sold 1910 )