NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
YORK TAVERN NORWICH Y index
York Tavern index
2 CASTLE MEADOW
CASTLE HILL - WEST SIDE
St PETER MANCROFT FULL LICENCE CLOSED 16.04.1964
NORWICH LICENCE REGISTERS PS 1/8/1 to PS 1/8/4 (1867 - 1965)
YOUNGS & Co Owned by John Youngs the Elder as recorded 17.03.1888
YORK HOTEL Co c1920
STEWARD & PATTESON from September 1932 (Purchased 03.04.1933 along with the Brickmakers for £9500)
Licensees :
   
J. YOUNG 1810
ELIZABETH YOUNGS 1822 - 1836
NATHANIEL EASTHAUGH
age 50 in 1841
1840 - 1842
RICHARD LINFORD
Died 21st July 1844 - age 33
to 1844
JOHN LEATHERDALE
according to White
Went to Upton WHITE HORSE
1845
GEORGE FREDERICK BARNETT
according to Magistrates
1845
HENRY NOBLE
(York Castle)
1846
MARY EASTHAUGH
age 59 in 1851
by 1850
ROBERT WILLGRASS EASTHAUGH 05.11.1867
WILLIAM De CAUX 01.02.1870
FREDERICK JOHN BROWNE 02.04.1878
WILLIAM BATCHELOR JOHN EARLL 08.08.1899
GEORGINA CHRISTINA HARRIETT EARLL 30.07.1901
DONALD THOMAS ABBS 29.07.1902
JAMES MAIDMENT 16.06.1903
GEORGE EDWARD STRATFORD 11.06.1907
JAMES JOHNSON 1908
SARAH ANN JOHNSON 16.01.1912
EDWARD ARTHUR POTTER 15.07.1913
FREDERICK JAMES PALMER 16.01.1917
FREDERICK BLYTH 0110.1918
GERALD HARRY FINN 06.09.1932
LOUIS REGINALD CANHAM 11.02.1936
REUBEN SMITH 08.02.1949
WILLIAM ROBERTS 03.01.1956
ERIC HORACE SANDERSON 07.05.1957
WILLIAM GATT 25.07.1961
ARTHUR JAMES LATTER 20.11.1962
PERCY EDGAR RUSH 30.04.1963
PATRICK JAMES HALL 21.07.1964


CITY OF YORK / YORK CITY 1760 - 1807 ?
DUKE OF YORK, Castle Ditches 1802 ?

In February 1840 it was advertised that the Earthenware Shop and House, situated in White Lion Street and the property of YORK TAVERN landlord, Nathaniel Easthaugh, was to be disposed of immediately.

Mr. G. F. Barnett advised his Friends and the Public, 12th April 1845 that he had taken the House and offered Well-aired Beds, Wines and Spirits of the best quality, Youngs and Co.'s fine Ales and Trueman, Hanbury and Co.'s London Stout Porter.
He was late of the BOAR'S HEAD INN. (Possibly a manager at Surrey Street?)

179 barrels of beer sold in the final year of trading.

Closed 16.04.1964 according to S&P documentation.
Licence surrendered 24.11.1964.








House No. 144 on 1845 Magistrates list.