NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
CROWN BREWERY WYMONDHAM Index
FAIRLAND STREET
MARKET PLACE
FOREHOE HUNDRED BEERHOUSE
(to at least 1937)
CLOSED 1981
FREE TRADE   
BULLARDS Purchased by Bullards 1875
Licensees :
-
THOMAS KIDDLE *1836 - *1839
HANNAH TRIXON *1845
-  
ALFRED DEATH
(Free Trade Tavern)
1864 - 1875
JAMES CRANNESS
carpenter
1881 - *1883
JOHN LAIN *1888 - 1896
-  
WALTER BUXTON *1929 - *1933
GEORGE AUBREY LISTER 1937
ELLEN & SYDNEY DREW c1957  - 1964
..... MORRIS c1967  
TERENCE ARTHUR MARSHALL 1974
to closure 1981


Originally the CROWN, but renamed the FREE TRADE TAVERN by Alfred Death for the period 1864 - 1875. The house was purchased by Bullards following the liquidation of Mr Death in 1875.

The CROWN STORES 1881
CROWN BREWERY 1891.

Closed Summer 1981 & delicensed 1983