NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
DOVE INN WYMONDHAM index
POPLE STREET
TOWN GREEN
FOREHOE HUNDRED - CLOSED 1912
FOREHOE HUNDRED REGISTERS taken 12thSeptember 1794
BURROUGHES   
CANN & CLARKE by 1824
MORGANS From 11.05.1894 to 1912
Licensees :
-
JAMES FOULSHAM 1794
-  
ROBERT HUBBARD 1822 - 1830
JAMES ROLFE 1836
JOHN BURCHAM
age 58 in 1851
& butcher
1845 - 1858
SAMUEL GOOCH
& carrier & farmer
1861 - 1877
JESSE BUTTLE
& master bricklayer
* 1881
EDWARD WILLIAM HOWES *  1888
WILLIAM EDWARD HOWES
& groom
1890 - 1895
JOHN DOVE * 1896
HENRY DOVE 1900 - 1909
Image courtesy of Dick Barham.
William Howes at the door 1895.

Left by landowner Thomas Randall to his grandsons in 1738, one of several houses in his estate.

A carriers service to Norwich was run by Samuel Gooch
3 times a week.

Advertised To Be Let, February 1861.
Including two good Granaries, stable, good Gig-house and Piggeries.
Apply at the Counting House of Messrs. Cann & Clarke, Wymondham.

In the early 1900's the K-NUTS Boxing Club was housed here.
Run by the Reverend Gilbert H. Bartlett.


Licence refused at Compensation Authority meetings of 21st and 23rd June 1909.
Reported as an alehouse, owned by Morgans Brewery Co.  and run by licensee Henry Dove

After closure the property was used by William Carter for his wood turning business.
( He was one of the last craftsmen to make brushes ).

After 1945 the house became a private dwelling.