NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
QUEENS ARMS WYMONDHAM index
MARKET STREET
QUEENS STREET
FOREHOE HUNDRED - CLOSED c1910
FOREHOE HUNDRED REGISTERS taken 12thSeptember 1794
J. S. CANN by 1806
CANN & CLARKE included in sale to Morgans 11.05.1894
MORGANS  
Licensees :
-  
PHILLIP BOUGHTON 1794
-  
EDWARD STUBBING 1822 - 1836
ROBERT LOVICK 1845
STEPHEN SKIPPER 1846
WILLIAM PRIME
according to Slater
1850
empty 1854
** JOHN CHAMBERS
(given at Queens Head, Market Place)
** 1856
DANIEL JERMYN
& brewers clerk
1864 - 1881
ROBERT FRANCIS 1896 - 1909

Listed in Alehouse return of 1789.

Known as UP THE STEPS owing to its entrance.

Itemised in the sale of the Cann & Clarke Brewery in 1894 as the Brewery Tap.

Licence refused at Compensation Authority meetings of 21st and 23rd June 1909.
Reported as an alehouse, owned by Morgans Brewery Co.  and run by licensee Robert Francis