NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
CROWS NEST Gt. YARMOUTH C index
  REGENT WARD FULL LICENCE -
 Gt. YARMOUTH LICENCE REGISTERS  PS 18/14/2 & 3 ( 1953 - 1980 )
WATNEY MANN  
Licensees :
COLIN ERNEST HOWES from 1968
ALISTAIR GOLDEN BERRIDGE
( manager here by August 1969 )
13.02.1970
COLIN ERNEST HOWES 01.10.1975
ALASTAIR GOLDEN BERRIDGE 08.07.1976
PERCY EDGAR RUSH 01.02.1979
-
-  




1969 advertisement

The former ROYAL STANDARD renamed 07.03.1969
and reopened `with a new look' 20.05.1969 by the Lord Mayor.
( Alderman John Malley had been elected to office the previous evening. )
It took nine weeks to convert 3 separate bars into one of over 2000 square feet. The bar was created in the form of an old sailing ship, complete with poop deck, figurehead and rigging. Old wooden beer casks, once in the cellars of the Royal Standard, were converted into bar furniture. 
Brewery artist, Mr Ted Newson, painted a mural depicting the Haven Bridge in the early 19th century.
` All draught beers are drawn from a cooled cellar and, with Watney's chilled and filtered beers being stocked, quality and reliability are assured.....'

 

Became an `Amusement Arcade'


May 1969