This is said to be a Norfolk house and appeared
in the local newspaper where it was identified as the
THREE NAGS - FRITTON.
However, if you compare with the 1965 photograph
to the right, there are significant differences in doors, windows and
The signboard above the door suggests that Frederick...... was the
previous landlord and Joseph ....... is the current.
Unfortunately the paint is peeling from the sign and both names are
partially showing. The latter occupant may be DIGBY or
The THREE NAGS - Fritton.
Image thanks to Seth Reeder.
The THREE HORSE SHOE INN
Bass ale on sale
The GROVE TAVERN
The name is difficult to read.
Perhaps BREWERS, or maybe BRITONS ARMS?
Sign behind the swinging one includes a large Union Jack.
The TRAVELLERS REST
The GEORGE INN
Robert M Long is licensee
The WHEAT SHEAF INN
Cobbold fine ales are being sold at this house.
Unfortunately the name of house and licensee are illegible.
Tricky this one.....
A Steward & Patteson house.
The board on the chimney reads
Unfortunately the licensee name above the LH door is illegible,
as is any of the main board on the front wall.
The S&P signboard perhaps with licensee name
Licensed to sell
Beer & Tobacco ?
The BREWERS ARMS
Mary A Beeby is licensee.
( One possible clue is that in 1911 Mary Beeby is named at the Canteen Inn,
97 Gilesgate, Durham ........ there was a Brewers Arms at 80-81 Gilesate.
Did Mary move house? ) Thanks to LRLH for the info.