NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
HALF MOON BINTREE Index
THE STREET EYNESFORD HUNDRED BEERHOUSE? CLOSED 21.12.1929

Eynesford Licence Registers taken 17th September 1794 & PS/3/4/1 - PS/3/4/ 5 (c1880 - 1929)

St. MARTINS BREWERY Lot No 16 in sale of John Day's Brewery 9th May 1795
DEREHAM BREWERY In 1835 Leonard Shelford Bidwell is recorded as Trustee in Receipt of Rents of Freehold House and Lands.
Sold by Shelford Bidwell and Others to Thomas Bidwell as recorded in document dated 02.03.1901
Purchased by E C Quilter from BIDWELLS 1st April 1905 - Trading continued under Bidwells name.
BULLARDS Purchased 1878
Licensees :
-  
ROBERT STRINGER 1794
-  
? 1819
ESTHER BIRCHAM 1836
THOMAS AUSTINS
age 38 in 1851
also as Austin Thomas
1841 - 1851
ROBERT METCALF 1854 - 1856
ROBERT OLDMAN
& cattle dealer
age 47 in 1861
(Died Q2 1903 - age 89)
by 1858
THOMAS PALMER
age 70 in 1891
(Died Q1 1895 - age 74)
13.12.1886
WILLIAM MONUMENT
(Died Q1 1901 - age 71)
21.12.1891
FREDERICK WILKINSON 19.10.1896
STEPHEN HOLMES
age 48 in 1901
(Died Q2 1925 - age 69)
29.08.1898
SAMUEL BARNES 16.12.1912
SAMUEL MARTIN BELL 28.09.1929
to closure.


Offered for sale 6th March 1819 as the HALF MOON.
Lot 3 in sale which included 6 other licensed houses about the county.

Records of Dereham Brewery dated 1890 state 3 acres of land were included with the Freehold.

Samuel Barnes & family - c1918
Mr & Mrs Barnes
with son Owen
c1918

Referred to Compensation Authority 04.02.1929
Compensation Paid 12.12.1929
(Closed 21.12.1929)
Licence ceased 31.12.1929