NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
KINGS HEAD CLEY index
HIGH STREET
QUAY STREET
HOLT HUNDRED FULL LICENCE CLOSED 13.03.1970
HOLT LICENCE REGISTERS 17th September 1789 & September 1794 and PS 28/6/1  to PS 28/12/1 ( 1878 - c1962 )
LETHERINGSETT BREWERY Purchased by William Hardy in 1792
Conveyed by Clement Cozens-Hardy to Morgans 12th March 1896
MORGANS (Lease)
LETHERINGSETT BREWERY Arthur Wrigley Cozens-Hardy by 1908
LETHERINGSETT BREWERY Executors of A W Cozens-Hardy 1928
MORGANS 1931
STEWARD & PATTESON  
WATNEY MANN Closed by Watney Mann (East Anglia) Ltd 1970
Licensees :
-  
-  
THEOPHILUS MOY here 17.09.1789
JOHN LYNES 1794
-  
MICHAEL BURGESS 1822 - 1830
JOHN STIRGES / STURGES
( Named at this house 1832/3 - at an un-named beerhouse 1836 )
1832 - 1833
WILLIAM BARNARD
age 57 in 1851
( Mr. William Jarvis married Sarah Jane Barnard, daughter of William Barnard, late of the Kings Head, Saturday 25th January 1858 )
1836 - 1856
FREDERICK HAWKES 1858 - 1865
WILLIAM THOMAS HOWES
& master mariner
& ship owner
1869 - 1872
WILLIAM HENRY GIBBS 1875 to 1883
HENRY COOKE 05.05.1883
JOHN THOMAS ANDERSON 13.10.1888
FREDERICK WILLIAM BAINES 13.02.1911
HORACE FREDERICK SCOTT 11.06.1926
KENNETH HEARD 07.06.1929
JOHN MILLER 04.12.1936
HERBERT MINORS 28.06.1940
FREDERICK GEORGE RYDER 22.10.1943
HARRY BASTON KING 18.10.1946
KAYE GILPIN 03.02.1950
FRANK H COLE 06.10.1961
-  


On Thursday 6th January 1859 the members of the Pride of Cley Lodge, Norfolk and Norwich Unity of the Independent Order of Odd Fellows, met to celebrate their first anniversary.
They walked in procession through Blakeney, headed by the Marsham Saxhorn Band and returned through Wiveton to their lodge room at the Kings Head where an excellent dinner was provided by Host Hawkes.

Morgans sales for 1960 recorded as :-
135 barrels of beer
65 spirits.