NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
NAGS HEAD EAST HARLING Index
MARKET PLACE GUILTCROSS HUNDRED FULL LICENCE  
GUILTCROSS REGISTER TAKEN 19th September 1789
THETFORD BREWERY to 1837 ( Owned by Thomas Vipan of Thetford 1832 )
DISS BREWERY 1837 to at least 1876
LACONS  
WHITBREAD  
ADNAMS ( Lacon Inns ) by 1998
`FREEHOUSE' by 2000
PUNCH TAVERNS by 2008
Licensees :
-
-  
ELIZABETH TODD 1789
-  
-  
ROBERT KNIGHT 1830
WILLIAM WATSON 1832 - * 1843
EDWARD WRIGHT
age 40 in 1851
1845 - 1872
CHARLES HENRY HOWLETT
age 43 in 1881
Died December 1898 - age 61
1875 - 1898
Mrs. ELIZABETH HOWLETT to 04.1899
JOHN WHARTON WOMACK
& wheelwright
age 50 in 1901
( At the HOSTE ARMS, Burnham Market by 1910 )
04.04.1899 - 1908
GEORGE FREDERICK ROBINSON
not mentioned in census ?
( Wife Sarah, age 32 actually filled in census form and gave occupation as assisting in the business )
1911
JAMES ANNISON 1912 - 1925
BERTIE BROOKS 1929 - 1933
Mrs BLANCHE BROOKS 1937
-
WAYNE GALLANT June 2007
-  
East Harling - 19.03.2000
The sign - 19.03.2000

East Harling - 31.08.1998
1998

The fireplace
The Lacons tiled fireplace of distinction.


On Wednesday 4th January 1843, one Robert Spurling was charged with stealing the great coat belonging to innkeeper William Watson of East Harling. The police finding the coat in the possession of the prisoner, he was committed to one month in prison.


Refurbishment carried out Spring 2007
providing a Public Bar, Lounge Bar,
Sports Bar, Restaurant, Beer Garden
& Accommodation.

Closed December 2009
Punch Taverns confirm April 2010 that house is for sale.
`We are currently looking for the right partner who can work with us
to take this business forward.'

Reopened by May 2011 - but renamed the GEORGE & DRAGON.